"The value of a University education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." Albert Einstein
Welcome to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Regent University College of Science and Technology is home to a diverse and vibrant group of scholars, staff and students dedicated to excellence in teaching, learning, research, and service to community and society. The Faculty comprises of the Department of Psychology and Human Development, Department of Theology and Ministry, Centre for Studies in African Development and Regent Institute of Languages and General Studies.
We offer two major undergraduate programmes, BSc. Psychology and Human Development and BSc. Theology with Management. Students in our faculty acquire important work-related skills such as: data analysis techniques, research methods, critical thinking, pastoral care, guidance and counselling, working collaboratively to solve problems, persuasive speaking, and personal spiritual development. Our graduates gain the theoretical and practical knowledge to live an informed life, improve their communities, and make the world a better place. We do this through:
- clear and challenging learning outcomes
- maximum student-to-faculty interaction and student-to-student interaction
- an emphasis on cooperation between students
- opportunities for active learning
- respect for diverse talents and ways of learning
- prompt feedback to the learner
- high expectations for students
Many of our individual courses are in the form of seminars that encourage small group debates and discussions between lecturers and students. Our academic advisors and staff are experienced in the planning of programs tailored to student interests and needs.
I invite you to participate in the many opportunities offered by the Faculty of Arts and sciences. If you have questions please contact us on +233 (0)302 972 850.
This two-year intensive Programme is offered by Regent University College of Science and Technology in partnership with the Faculty of Electronic Engineering and Media Technology of Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany. The programme aims to develop in the graduate, the skills that he or she needs to assimilate in a wide range of analytic, design and organizational aptitudes.
The following are the minimum entry requirements:
- Possession of a relevant Bachelor's Degree (at least 2nd class lower division) from a recognized University.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
Each candidate is expected to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled in Application Form - download from here.
- Certified copies of Bachelors Degree and other relevant certificates (include notarized English translations if the originals are not in the English language.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts embossed with the seal of the issuing university (include notarized English translations if the originals are not in the English language).
- Two filled and signed Referee Report forms, each with a recommendation letter attached. The recommendation shall be given by persons who are well acquainted with the applicant's work and studies and are in the position to judge the candidate's abilities to pursue a Master's degree.
- A personal resume/ CV in English.
- Two (2) passport size photographs.
- Theoretical computer sciences
- Theoretical electrodynamics
- Modelling and simulation (special fields)
- Communication technology III
- General scientific
- compulsory optional subject
Micro- and Optoelectronics Option:
- Microelectronics and technology of microsystems I
- Optoelectronics/lasertechnology I
- Communication technology II
- Numerical methods/data analysis
- Special fields of microelectronics and technology of microsystems
- Theory of electronic devices
- Special fields of optoelectronics/lasertechnology
Technical Computer Sciences Option:
- Communication and network technology
- Database systems
- Modelling and simulation
- Numerical methods/data analysis
- Software-engineering (special fields)
- Modern real-time operating systems
- Theory of digital image processing
The courses offered include practicals, team work and organizational skills; project design and laboratory work. The preparation will enable the graduate to function in various areas of technology such as:
- Computer and Internet Engineering
- Mobile and Digital Communications
- Power and High Voltage Engineering
- Communication Systems
- Automation Engineering
- Data Management Systems
- Software development for database systems
- Robotik with emphasis on autonomous systems
- Mechatronik mainly for gear control systems
- Microcontroller programming in the automotive area etc.
The periodic seminars on Management skills during the student's time at Regent-Ghana will prepare him/her not only as a route into engineering; but rather he/she may choose, instead, to pursue a career in research or in international marketing of technology, or aspire to senior management, with responsibility for major projects and teams of specialists. Alternatively, the graduate will be adequately equipped to lecture in a university or a tertiary institution or later decide to pursue a doctoral research. The graduate may decide to set up his or her own company.
Like many of the undergraduate students, you may not have settled on the exact career path you wish to follow, our degree keeps doors open to all occupational avenues while providing you with universal professional skills developed within a distinctive psychosocial, developmental and managerial knowledge base. Employers in the 21st century seek graduates who are able to think flexibly and creatively; aware of the importance of scientific discipline; proficient in presentations and written composition; capable of analyzing data and concise reporting; interpersonally skilful; self-directed and resourceful. The B.Sc. in Human Development and Psychology provides you with such abilities. Therefore, Graduates of this program will be fully qualified to assume some of the following positions:
- A knowledgeable and skillful administrator who works effectively in the business or health industry
- A Public relations, business, administrative trainer who can work in a global setting
- An entrepreneur in the area of innovation in community and organizational resources and or educational settings including enrichment centers.
- An advocate and professional to work with families to meet their responsibilities at home, work, and in the community
- A director of a community based agency, childcare center or kindergarten program, or commercial service, or community-based agency that offers various types of services for children and their families.
- A research associate or assistant with a research team
- A vital employee of an organization such as the World Health Organization, Ghanaian International Foundation, Red Cross, and/or Save the Children to help children and families embark on a new life after a devastating situation.
These are realistic expectations given the positions that our graduates have secured to date. This group of learners will be very motivated given the sponsorship of the Ministry is an extraordinary opportunity for them.
They may pursue graduate education in areas such as Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counselling, or Human Resource, Marketing, Human Development, etc.
At the Faculty of Arts and Science, we prepare Theologians, Psychologists, Practitioners, and human service professionals to be leaders. The Arts and Sciences has 18 faculty members with two teaching assistants serving more than 100 undergraduate and 15 graduate students for the Master of Theology and Master of Divinity programs. Housed on McCarthy Hill campus, we have a proud history spanning over 7 years.
The Theology and Ministry department, which used to be called the Divinity department, was the first to receive National Accreditation for both undergraduate and graduate programs in the Regent University College. We are the pace setters being first to settle on the Promised Land. We prepare the way and are not afraid to face the odds. Ad Astra per Aspera and we are bracing the sky through thick and thin to make the Promised Land a place to work and study. Our Theology and Ministry program is affiliated to Trinity Theological Seminary Legon. Our Psychology and Human Development program is affiliated to University of Education Winneba, and offer courses in Leadership that makes our students unique with diverse experience for the job market.
We believe in teamwork and family spirit. Our students are treasured for they are the wealth of the nation.